Saturday 20 July 2013

My week in books (#1)

My week in books is going to be a new semi-regular feature where I share things I've found interesting from the past week that concern books, literature and all things book blogging.

First up, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really excited about the new Veronica Mars film (sneak peek here). If that wasn't exciting enough, it turns out there are going to be two new Veronica Mars books to tie in with the film. You can find out more here.

For those of you seeking some inspiration for what to read this summer, The Guardian and The Observer released a list of best holiday reads 2013 this week, which you can find here. A series of well-known novelists and writers give their suggestions, recommending everything from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein to Mike Power's Drugs 2.0, which according to columnist Owen Jones is "a clever and witty take on how drug deals have gone from shady alleyways to the click of a mouse".

I'm attempting to read more non-fiction this year and not doing too well, so this piece from MindShift about getting children interested in non-fiction was fascinating, and really resonated.

And finally, we're all busy people, so this post from The Selkie Reads Stories about Android and iOS apps for book bloggers was very, very useful.

Have you discovered anything new this week when it comes to books? Share in the comments

2 comments:

  1. Really like this feature as I'm always interested in book news. Going to check some of those links now :)


    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, I need to make an icon or something as well!

      Inevitably, I thought of more stuff to share afterwards, but that will have to wait until next week now...

      Sarah

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...